Email your resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last date of application - 15th October 2021
Brief on the Job Position :
The Regional Manager – Retail Sales the extremely important position in the Frozen and Retail Business vertical in Ayekart. The objective of the position is to execute the strategies, plans, interventions and activities pertaining to retail (physical & digital) and frozen food business and optimise the regional sales operation to be efficient and cost-effective.
Scope of Work
The Regional Manager – Retail Sales will be responsible sourcing, selling and promoting the various retail products lines offered Ayekart in specified regions. S/He will be responsible for increasing market penetration, network expansion, and providing excellent experience as buyer and seller in both physical and digital spaces and expand retail operations in accordance with organizational goals. S/He will be instrumental in the execution of the retail operation plan and lead the regional sales team to achieve the delineated sales targets assigned to his/her region.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
A. Lead the Physical as well as Digital Retail Operations in the Assigned Geographical Region
- Work in close coordination with Head – Frozen and Retail Business for delineating area-wise and product line-wise sales targets of his specified region in alignment with vertical deliverables.
- Promote adoption and consistent usage of integrated digital platforms i.e., Ayekart Business App, Ayekart Hisaab App, Ayekart Consumer App and their respective desktop versions among buyer-seller network and retailers; extend support in new products listings and uploads, category builds, product detail maintenance, promotional activities, reconciliation of inventory, remove discontinued/out-of-stock items, etc.
- Prepare annual and quarterly plans according to delineated sourcing and sales targets along with budgeting and financial/revenue targets.
- Track and analyse market trends; make monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts for all product lines; regular review of sales targets achievements; make strategic adjustments according to sales patterns and achieve established financial goals.
- Assess the potential for expanding product lines and/or operational geographies, introducing new product lines and/or range, manage product sourcing and plan out for the products, either unavailable or in high demand, to procure from other regions.
- Manage and oversee day-to-day operations for both physical and digital retail viz. product sourcing, selling, chasing sales order placements, order fulfilment, and customer care.
- Coordinate delivery, streamline logistic and transportation processes, resolve issues causing unnecessary delays and ensure to get the product to buyer/customer quickly, safely and in the best possible condition.
- Ensure products and services comply with regulatory and quality standards.
- Furnish and share monthly, quarterly and annual sales reports along with operation and finance reports.
B. Continuous Engagement with the Network of End-to-End Supply Chain Stakeholders of FMCG and FMCD Retail in the Assigned Region
- Ensure continuous mutual interaction and strengthen relations with the network of regional MSME units, (manufacturers & producers), distributors, retailers and organizations with different brands dealing in specific product categories and merchandise segments; and 3P logistic players, warehouses, fulfilment centres, etc.
- Explore opportunities and negotiate for regional and/or local tie ups with branded and/or non-branded products under FMCG, FMCD and other related categories in accordance with Ayekart retail vertical’s business aspirational goals.
- Support B2B and B2C suppliers on various linking stages of value chain such as viz. product processing, packaging, etc.
C. Lead and Monitor the Regional Agricultural Procurement and Sales Team
- Lead regional sales team to achieve the sales targets for retail product lines and/or range.
- Identify hiring needs, train, manage and continuously motivate the entire sales team; assign individual sales target at each area level/manager level.
- Lead and supervise day-to-day sales operations and ensure optimal utilization of team members’ capacities; constant follow up with the sales team for achieving targeted sales.
- Conduct regular and critical sales review meetings; monitor and analyse performance metrics of staff performance.
D. Create a Customer Experience Exceeding Customary Standards and Services Level
- Identify new opportunities for expanding regional/area customer base; contact potential customers, sources, etc. and develop plans to capture this new business.
- Address customer queries regarding products, payment options, delivery, return, exchange and refund policies in line with customer’s expectations and industry policy.
- Enhance customer experience through minimize order split and appropriate packaging.
- Manage internal and external exigency for hassle-free delivery through minimizing the errors such as missing products, switcheroo, damaged products, near expiry products, wrong products, etc.
E. Execution of Region-Specific Marketing and Sales Campaign
- Drive sales strategies for attainment of periodical targets with a view to optimize revenue from primary as well as secondary sales.
- Conduct and organize sales promotional activities, frequent campaigns as a part of brand building and market development effort to increase growth, revenue and customer base.
- Observe consumer needs and trends; tracking competitors and recommending product lines by identifying new product opportunities, packaging, and service changes; etc.
F. Assist the Vertical in Managing Frozen Food (Seafood/Meat, etc.) Sourcing and Selling
- Engage with the network of large and small suppliers; mainstream customers like leading retailers, food service, private label brands and ethnic channels; etc.
- Manage logistics, shipment planning in coordination with procurement team.
- Manage and track inventory records; minimize out-of-stock and overstock to ensure fresh merchandise, control expenses, meet budgeted goals and control shrinkage and pilferage.
- Ensure compliance with food safety and sanitation standards (Food Products Standards and Food Additives) mandated by FSSAI or any other relevant authority.
- Ensure compliance to legal rules and regulations pertaining to procurement, storage, distribution, sales, and import of meat, fish and egg products.
G. Any other work assigned by the competent authority.
Qualifications and Experience -
- Post Graduate in Business Management/ Marketing/ Digital Marketing/ Supply Chain Management or any other relevant field. Any additional certification course and/or diploma in Sales Management would be added advantage.
- At least 5 Years of experience in marketing/sales/retail management with minimum 3 years of hands-on experience in creating networks, business development, account management, and enhancing professional sales for new molecule.
- Proven experience in territory management, building relationship, lead generation, analysing and forecasting market trends.
- Experience in leading a large and geographically dispersed sales team working on sale and procurement of large array of FMCG and/or FMCD products. Experience with the B2B and B2C marketing initiatives would be in favour of the candidate.
- Familiarity of export procedures, costs, documentation particularly with reference to the food industry (especially meat, fish and egg products) protocols.
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure, MS Office, CRM systems, and project management tools.
- Proficiency in (Reading, Writing and Speaking) of English and Hindi language. Working knowledge of any other Indian vernacular language will be favourable for the candidate.
Skills and Core Competencies
- Outstanding coordination skill to strike a constant balance between the physical and digital workings/activities of retail operations.
- Ability to work with accuracy under time constraints such as managing time-sensitive delivery requirements with patience and tactfulness.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skill to collaborate with, senior management, other verticals, regional managers and regional sales team.
- Excellent leadership and team building, skill to lead, supervise and manage the sales team.
- Strong negotiating and networking skills.
- Problem-solving skills, especially in situations of high stress.
- Ability to deal with customer enquiries on his/her own initiative, responding to queries and complaints in a constructive and prompt manner.
- Strong customer service skills in the areas of handling disputes and treating customers with care.
- The Regional Manager – Retail Sales shall report to the Head – Frozen and Retail Business, Ayekart.
- S/He will seek guidance and directions from the Head – Frozen and Retail Business.
Remuneration & Benefits
- A competitive remuneration package shall be tailored according to candidate’s competence and calibre. Product Sourcing